Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lévis: journey to the best ice cream ever


Ferry ticket station
Riding the ferry was probably one of my favorite experiences in Québec. My friend and I decided to go to Vieux-Québec to cross the St. Lawrence River to get to Lévis. We were supposed to meet our other friend there around 3:30 but got there around 5. We had some delays because we got off the bus a couple stops too early and got a little lost. Luckily we asked a woman at the bus stop the way to the port and she said she was riding the ferry also so we could follow her. It's convenient that the monthly bus pass I had worked on the buses as well as the ferry.


The port at VQ

After boarding it was about a 15 minute ride to the other side. There were many people and cars on the ferry. The view was fabulous.


When we arrived to Lévis we began our trek to Les Chocolats Favoris. We had to climb up 9 flights of stairs, walk up-hill for about 15 minutes, got lost, then finally found it. The parlor was installed in a cute little house and the workers were very friendly. I ordered molle au chocolat, what they are famous for. Basically it's an ice cream cone dipped in chocolate. Their recipe had been perfected over time and the chocolate is almost a centimeter thick..so goooood. I went back a second time before I left Québec and ordered the same thing.

View from the other side
I managed to drop my sunglasses while on these stairs
Giant cross
A little lost
Found it 
He looked kind of like Johnny Depp
Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment