Thursday, January 26, 2017

Black Mirror Review


Source
That uneasy feeling you get when you know something cringy is about to happen but you keep watching anyway...pretty much sums up Black Mirror on Netflix. This show is definitely not for kids.

Black Mirror can be described as a modern day rendition of Twilight Zone- exploring potential future manifestations of science and technology with some good but more often horrible side-effects. What I liked was that although each episode left me feeling uncomfortable, I continued thinking about the content several days after watching. Although the stories were fictional, deep down there was some element of truth to them, and that scared me.

This caused some self-reflection. How are we using technology now? Is it detrimental to my future? Humanity's future? I'm definitely more conscious of how often I go on social media, my phone, and computer. But the most important question for me is how will my child grow up in this new age? Of course every parent wants to protect his/her child, but there's only so much we can do.

So if you're looking for an intriguing show to watch on Netflix, I'd recommend Black Mirror. It is not a feel good type of show but I definitely gained some new perspectives on the potentially frightening future of science and technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment