Friday, June 17, 2011

Korean Adventures

Kimchi
It all began when my friend got me into Korean dramas. She would always talk about how amazing they were with their story lines, acting, and superiority to American shows. But I was told there was a downside to these dramas. They were extremely addictive. In a weak moment I texted her for a recommendation for beginners. I was hooked instantly. So I am currently in the midst of my obsession with Korean culture. On a trip to an Asian market I decided to pick up some kimchi, a spicy medley of pickled cabbage and other vegetables, to try to make some kimchi fried rice. I thought it would be fun to invite the girls in the drama cult over for a Korean dinner night, and soon 2 or 3 became 10 or 12 all in my little apartment. 




 
My attempt at Kimchi Bokumbap -
kimchi fried rice

I made some kimchi fried rice (kimchi bokumbap) and fried zucchini (hobak jun) and my fellow Korean drama junkie brought the beef for the Korean BBQ, which is eaten wrapped in iceberg lettuce, and the fried eggs go on top of the rice.


Hobak jun - Fried zucchini






 We busted out the chopsticks and had an awesome Korean culinary experience! The recipes are not that hard either you guys should try it!



Finished products

1 comment:

  1. This Korean food looks yummy:)
    I would like to try it.
    Mama

    ReplyDelete