Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Real Tacos

I've lived in this city for almost 3 years and I had no idea that just around the river bend there were authentic Mexican food stands waiting to be discovered.


So there it was, just sitting on the side of the road. The server spoke Spanish and he was really friendly and I felt like I was in Mexico. I've never been there but I imagine it would have felt something like that. 



There were a lot of items on the menu, but my friend recommended the tacos. I was incredulous when she informed me they were only $3. They were so delicious and real, unlike Taco Bell's tacos. The filling only consisted of grilled steak, onions, and cilantro. Simple combination yet profound taste. Mexican food isn't very high on my favorites list, but this food was on point. Apparently there are more of these stands out there. 
I will find them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment