Sunday, July 10, 2011

Le pique-nique au Fleuve St. Laurent

There's a river called Le Fleuve St. Laurent or St. Lawrence River about 5-10 minutes away from my home-stay and we had a picnic on the riverbank. 


Once we parked the car it was kind of a long walk down steep hills in the midst of many trees and flowers. I carried the drinks and the others carried the food and silverware etc. Oh also, we brought a real picnic basket. I've wanted one since I was young.


We had 2 types of pasta salad, watermelon, carrots, zucchini, hummous, salad, and chocolate muffins with blueberries in them for dessert. 


There were many people taking walks with their children, walking the dog, jogging, or couples enjoying the romantic setting together. It was funny because my host-mom threw a carrot to a seagull and it chilled in the vicinity of the guy and girl in the background of the photo above cawing, or whatever sound that seagulls make, and we felt bad it might have been disturbing their special moments. By the way seagulls don't like carrots but they think zucchini is ok. 

The view
Behind me is the Pont de Québe

You know what scare me? Bridges. You know who jogged across that bridge in the background? Me. Eat it. Most of the way back to the car was uphill, and my roommate and I had a race up the steepest part of this road in the picture. There are a lot of old couples here that hold hands it's so cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment