Saturday, July 9, 2011

My residence


The house I'm staying at is very pretty and quaint, like many of the houses in Québec. There is a beautiful garden in the back which has many different kinds of plants, bird feeders and birdbaths. I've seen really cool yellow birds and red birds chilling back there sometimes. We usually eat dinner on the patio table which makes for a great atmosphere, except for the voracious mosquitoes who seem to like my blood more than the others.


Side entrance

Back entrance

My host mom is really friendly and welcoming, she makes us feel at home away from home. I live upstairs in my own bedroom, and there are 3 other girls with me. We all share a bathroom, which has an awesome shower head with 3 settings. She lets us use the internet and do our laundry for free too which is convenient. There are 2 meals served everyday: breakfast at 7am and dinner at 6pm. I look forward to eating here because she cooks so well. Lunch time we are usually at school so it's up to us where to go. I have yet to go to any cool restaurants here, but that time will come soon.

1 comment:

  1. wow! i know about those dang mosquitos though, when we were in canada a few days ago, there was a mosquito on my foot that i was able to kill, but when i smushed it against my foot, there was a puddle of blood left, uggghh. Not only that! but later there was a mosquito that pierced through my jeans and stung me! ridiculous!y Your house is very cute, i feel like drinking tea with you in the garden while listening to Quran. Love you! and this blog :)
    Hods

    ReplyDelete