Saturday, July 9, 2011

Roomie birthday


My host mom is so sweet. For my roommate's birthday she put a poster with "Joyeux Anniversaire" (Happy Birthday) on it and balloons on her door the night before. For dinner we had homemade pizza and for dessert this awesome chocolate cupcake mountain thing, which by the way is even better because the frosting was my two favorite colors!


Pizza from scratch
I was in charge of the appetizers, which consisted of this veal paste stuff and cheese on crackers garnished with red pepper. The birthday girl was in charge of stirring the sauce until it was ready while my host-mom had to go out to pick up the other two girls who had missed the bus. This happens a lot in the beginning. Luckily I haven't missed the bus and only got lost once so far but I found my way.

Appetizers

I love eating outside on the patio. It gets a little chilly after a while sometimes but the view is definitely worth it.



There's a red one that comes sometimes too

The chef

The girls and me

Finished product

Close-up yum

4 comments:

  1. Awesome, Ayat! Miss you.
    ~nesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Roomie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pizza looks amazing. And I like that the dessert had kiwis and strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah there are a lot of fresh fruits in the dishes here. I might go strawberry picking in a farm soon.

    ReplyDelete